Join retreat facilitator Sally Freed for a weekend of spirit-lifting reflection on the sacred gift of laughter!
Together we’ll discover ways in which humor and laughter are at the heart of a healthy spiritual life. We’ll also share fresh and healthy meals, create some space for meditation/ prayer, and ensure ample time for rest and relaxation while taking in the natural beauty that surrounds the Guild.
Open to women from all spiritual traditions and backgrounds (or none at all) we will:
- Discover how ‘humor’ and ‘faith’ CAN be used in the same sentence
- Learn why a regular belly laugh (or even a giggle) is great for the heart, mind, body, and soul
- Celebrate the unique sense of humor that springs from different spiritual traditions
- Share some of our own heavenly jokes and divinely silly stories
- Explore how laughter and tears often go together – as ‘medicine’ to heal our spirits
- Enjoy Holy Happy Hour - we will raise a glass (or two) in honor of saints and
sinners (both past and present) who perhaps coined the expression “Laugh Out Loud”
-Watch a few funny videos that will (hopefully) tickle your funny bone
Our weekend begins with dinner at 6:00 pm on Friday evening, October 21st and runs through Sunday noon, October 23rd, after enjoying a full brunch.
Space is limited to 15 guests
(Open to women only - age 16 and up)
3:00 – 6:00 PM Arrival and Check-in with Office
6:00 – 6:45 PM Dinner - Community Dining Room
7:00 – 9:00 PM Welcome to the Guild
This is YOUR Retreat– Community Covenant & Ice-Breaker – Sally Freed
8:00 – 8:45 AM – Breakfast – Community Dining Room
9:00 – 12:00 AM – Morning Session
12:00 – 12:45 PM – Lunch – Community Dining Room
1:00 – 4:30 PM – Free Time
4:30 – 6:00 PM – Happy Hour and ½ - Library
6:00 – 6:45 PM – Dinner – Community Dining Room
7:00 – 9:00PM – Evening
8:00 – 8:45 AM Packing Up – (Continental Breakfast for early risers)
9:00 – 10:30AM - Final Session and Reflections - Closing Ritual
10:30 – 11:30 AM - Brunch – Evaluations - Community Dining Room
12:00 NOON – Departures – Blessings and Safe Travels on wherever your Journey takes you next!